Linda’s Grooming Palace
At Linda’s Grooming Palace we strive to maintain clean grooming vans and provide high standards in service and products. Our philosophy is to offer a stress free grooming experience for your pet family member. We will not perform any grooming procedure that will cause pain or a level of stress that we think is excessive. This may include nail trimming in some situations. Senior dogs will be groomed for cleanliness and comfort up to what they can handle. Below are some policies we have developed to insure the safety and happiness of your pets.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: If it is necessary to cancel/skip your appointment, Linda’s Grooming Palace does require 24-hour notice. If we arrive for your appointment and there is no one at home to release the dog, a $75 cancellation fee will be applied to the next groom. We understand that unexpected issues arise, but please give us as much notice as possible so that another pet on the waiting list can take the appointment.
- SCHEDULING APPOINTMENTS: Linda’s Grooming Palace is open Mondays through Saturdays, 8 AM to 5PM. We take the last groom at 4PM. We will arrive as close to the scheduled appointment time as possible, however, sometimes situations occur that will disrupt the daily schedule of the groomer. This includes traffic, weather, mechanical difficulties and spending more time with an older/younger or difficult dog. The dog’s safety will never be compromised by rushing to meet a schedule. Please allow a 1 hour window around your appointment time.
- IMMUNIZATIONS: We reserve the right to contact your veterinarian to confirm your pet is up-to-date on the rabies vaccination.
- BATHING AND DRYING: All pets are required to be bathed by groomer before grooming. This prevents damage to the groomer’s equipment and gives the groomer an assessment of your pet’s skin and coat condition. Pets are washed with quality products before being groomed. A clean pet is easier to groom than a dirty one. Depending on how your pet will handle the dryers, it is difficult to know how long it will take to dry them. We aim to have your pet done within a 1-1.5 hour window, but this is not always possible.
- MATTING: If your dog cannot be humanely dematted, we will ask permission to clip the hair short and “start over”. Please keep in mind that a matted coat can cause numerous health conditions including itching, irritation to wart, moles and skin folds trapped in the hidden matts. Heavy matting can also trap moisture near the dog's skin allowing fungus or bacteria to grow causing skin irritations that exist prior to the grooming process. Linda’s Grooming Palace is not responsible for any preexisting conditions due to a matted coat. If this is not acceptable to you, and will not permit a start over cut, we will charge a $25 service fee for making the trip to your home.
- FLEA BATH: Any pets with fleas will be put immediately in the tub and treated to a flea bath for an additional $10-$25 (based on size). We will notify you immediately that your pet has fleas and we need to do the flea bath. If you know your pet has fleas, please notify us in advance so we are prepared to put directly into the tub.
- ANAL GLANDS: As part of the regular grooming process, anal glands are checked and expressed on all dogs. If you do not want them done, please notify us when we pick up your dog.
- EARS: All pets have their ears cleaned with a mild cleaner. If your pet has an ear infection, we will let you know. Ear hair will be removed unless you tell us otherwise.
- NAILS: All nails are trimmed during each grooming appointment. Should your pet show signs of aggression during the nail trim we may have to muzzle them. We offer dremeling ( electric file) for an additional $7-$10 fee which is optional.
- MATS: Mats that are too close to the skin may need to be cut out.
- REQUESTS: You will always have the opportunity to speak to the groomer when we pick up your dog about specific concerns or requests. If the groomer finds that she cannot do as you ask, she will notify you of other options.
- GRATUITY: If you are pleased with your groomer’s service, tips are always appreciated but not expected.
- INJURIES: There is always the possibility of cuts, nicks, or burns during the grooming process as some pets are harder to handle than others. There are also times when mat burns occur after being shaved due to the severity of the mats. The groomer will do her best not to cause any injuries to your pet, but if something should occur, she will notify you.
- PAYMENT: We accept all major credit cards. Payment is required at the time of pick-up. There will be a $30.00 charge for Non Sufficient Funds.
- PRICING: Pricing varies for each dog and is determined by breed, size and condition of your dogs coat. Additional charges may apply for dematting, de-shedding, and difficult behavior during a groom that will require extra time.
- PHOTOS: Linda’s Grooming Palace would like to take photos of the pets we see to periodically share on our Facebook page and website. If you do not want your pet photographed, please notify the groomer.
By signing below, you acknowledge that you have read the above policies and will adhere to them to the best of your ability.
Thank you! We appreciate your business!